Student Response Systems
Student response systems provide opportunities for engaging students in large and small classes. At UGA we work with Top Hat to ensure that instructors and students have access to a high-quality student response system – including both a basic free version, and a more advanced fee-based version.
Current UGA Prices (cost to students):
- Top Hat Basic: Free!
- Top Hat Pro: $22/semester, $34/year, $65/four years
- Remote exam proctoring: +$10/course
- Interactive text books: varied (listed average = $35)
See https://tophat.com/pricing/ for more information about the features associated with Top Hat Basic and Top Hat Pro.
- Bruff, D. (2009). Teaching with classroom response systems: Creating active learning environments. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Kolikant, Y., Drane, D., & Calkins, S. (2010). Clickers as catalysts for transformation of teachers. College Teaching, 58(4), 127-135.
- Voelkel, S., & Bennett, D. (2014). New uses for a familiar technology: Introducing mobile phone polling in large classes. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 51(1), 46-58.