Getting Started with Turning Point 8
This page will help you get started with TurningPoint 8.
**Please note that TurningPoint Cloud (TPC) is no longer supported for integration with eLC. You may choose to use TPC, however there is no longer a TPC synchronization with the eLC Grades tool.
First, you will need to create a TurningPoint Instructor account and download the TurningPoint software. You will also need to get a Turning receiver if you are requiring your students to use clicker devices. Contact Sherry Clouser (email@example.com) to get a TurningPoint Instructor Kit, which contains a receiver.
Create a TurningPoint Instructor Account
- Go to https://account.turningtechnologies.com/
- Enter your UGA email address that includes your MyID (e.g., sac56132) and click Create an Account.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address you provide.
- Check your email and click the link to verify your Turning Account.
- Enter all required fields as noted by the asterisks on the Profile page. From the Role drop-down menu, select Instructor.
Now you're logged into TurningPoint, and the Turning Account Dashboard is displayed.
Downloading TurningPoint 8
To manage your TurningPoint sessions, you'll need to download the TurningPoint 8 software.
**Please note that if you previously used Turning Point Cloud, you should NOT delete that version of the software. After starting TurningPoint 8, you will have an opportunity to import files from TPC, but only if you have not deleted that software.
- Go to https://account.turningtechnologies.com/ and sign in with your Username and Password.
- Select Downloads from the menu.
- Select the appropriate version of TurningPoint 8.
- Save the file to your computer, and install the software.
Once you've installed the software on your computer, you can manage a clicker session in class.
Not sure what to do next? We recommend Anywhere Polling, which can be run right over your existing PowerPoint presentation.
For additional information on using TurningPoint 8, including more detailed information and advanced help topics, visit the Turning Technologies Quick Start Guides page.