Kaltura Media Storage and Streaming
Kaltura is a media storage and streaming solution. Kaltura can be used for course-related content in eLC (see below), or for non course-related content outside eLC in a Kaltura channel on kaltura.uga.edu. To request a channel, complete this form.
Using Kaltura in eLC for Faculty
There are several options to upload video to Kaltura using eLC:
Option 1 - Uploading Video Using Insert Stuff in eLC: This is a good option if you have existing video that you'd like to add to your course for students to view.
Option 2 - Creating a Kaltura CaptureSpace recording: Kaltura CaptureSpace can be used to record your screen, webcam, or a classroom discussion.
Option 3 - Adding Kaltura Course Gallery to Your eLC Course: If you need to add captions to a video, edit video, or upload a video before it’s available to students, you will need to add the Kaltura Course Gallery to your course, either in the course navigation or a widget. The Kaltura Course Gallery displays all videos that have been uploaded to Kaltura via your eLC course, but can be moderated by the instructor.
- Adding the Kaltura Course Gallery to Your Course Navigation
- Adding the Kaltura Course Gallery Widget to Your Course
Using Kaltura in eLC for Students
Resources for Captioning Your Kaltura Videos
- Requesting Machine Captions in Kaltura - This tutorial will show you how to request machine captioning for a video in Kaltura.
- Editing Machine Captions in Kaltura - This tutorial will show you how to edit machine generated captions in Kaltura.
- Adding a Caption File to a Video in Kaltura - This tutorial will show you how to upload an existing caption file to a video in Kaltura.