Add a Twitter Feed to your Course Homepage
To add a Twitter feed to your course homepage, you'll need to do three things: Create a Twitter feed widget at twitter.com, create a homepage widget for your course homepage, and add the widget to your homepage.
1. Create the Twitter widget at twitter.com
- Go to the Twitter website and log in with your Twitter username and password.
- Click on your image at the top right, and click "Settings" in the drop down menu.
- Click "Widgets" at the bottom of the left hand menu.
- Click "Create New."
- If you just want to show your tweets on a widget, you can leave all the options set as they are.
- To create a widget based on a hashtag, click "Search" under "Choose a timeline source"and type in your hashtag.
- Click "Create Widget."
- Copy the code at the bottom of the preview. This is the code you'll paste into your eLC widget.
2. Create the widget for your eLC course homepage.
- Go to your course homepage and click "Course Admin."
- Click "Widgets" under Site Setup.
- Click the Custom Widgets tab.
- Locate the Blank Widget, and make a copy by clicking on the Copy icon on the right.
- Now locate the Blank Widget - Copy, and click the pencil to edit it.
- Give the Widget a new name, and then click on the "Content" tab.
- Click the Insert Stuff button, and then click "Enter Embed Code."
- Paste the Twitter widget code from Step 1 into the Embed Code box, and click Next.
- The preview probably won't show your Twitter feed yet - that's okay! Click Insert.
- Click Save and Close.
3. Add the widget to your course homepage
- Click "Edit Course" and Click "Homepages" under Site Setup.
- If you've never edited your homepage before, you'll need to make a copy of the default homepage. To do this, click the dropdown arrow next to the 10.2 default course homepage and select "Copy."
- Click on the copied homepage.
- Scroll down to the Widgets section. Click "Add Widgets" wherever you'd like to add the Twitter widget.
- Locate the Twitter widget you created on the list, check the box next to it, and click "Add."
- You can drag the widget if you want to move it around on the homepage. Once you have it in your desired location, click "Save and Close."
- Click the dropdown under "Active Homepage" and select the homepage you just edited. Click "Apply."
- Go back to your Course Homepage and make sure you see your Twitter feed.