Creating a Midterm Grade
The grades tool allows you to calculate a grade that shows a student's cumulative achievement across certain grade items, such as a midterm grade. This grade doesn't count towards the final grade - it just shows a calculation.
- Click Grades in your course navigation, and go to Manage Grades.
- Click New, and select "Item."
- Choose "Calculated Grade Item" as the Grade Item Type.
- Name the Calculated Grade Item. Then, scroll down the page and select which grade items you want to include in the calculation. If you want to select all, click the checkbox above the list of grade items.
- Click Save and Close to save the grade item. (By default, students will see this grade item. If you want to hide it, you must change the visibility of the item by clicking the Restrictions tab.)