Granting Special Access to a Quiz in eLC
The Special Access option allows you to provide selected participants with availability and time limits for a quiz that are different from the rest of the participants. This option allows you to provide accommodations for students.
1. Go to the quiz and click the "Restrictions" tab. Scroll down to "Special Access" at the bottom of the page.
3. Select the Type of Access you'd like to allow:
- Allow selected users special access to this quiz: All course participants except those listed under special access will have access to the quiz during the above set dates/time. Participants listed under special access access will have access to the quiz for whatever availability and timing has been specified for them. (This option is typically used for students who need additional time on a quiz)
- Allow only users with special access to see this quiz: ONLY participants listed under special access will have access to the quiz for whatever availability and timing has been specified for them. The quiz will be closed to all other course participants. (This would be useful if you need to open a quiz for someone after it's already closed for the rest of the class)
4. Click the "Add Users to Special Access" button to assign special access to specific course participants. Now you can set a different start and end time. Check the box next to students who need the special access and click "Add Special Access."
5. Now students who have been granted special access will be listed in the Special Access section of the quiz settings.