Using Respondus to Publish Exams to eLC
This tutorial will show you how to use Respondus to connect to eLC and publish an exam to a selected course once you've imported your questions into Respondus. If you need assistance importing your questions into Respondus, please see the Respondus Quick Start Guide.
1. Open Respondus and open your exam file.
2. Click the Preview & Publish tab.
3. Click the Publish Wizard.
4. On the Publish Wizard Settings screen, choose “Publish to a single course.” Next to Desire2Learn Server, choose “add new server” from the dropdown.
5. Choose “No, I want to enter the server settings manually.” Click Next.
6. On the next screen, you will fill in the server settings to connect to eLC. For #2, paste in this URL: https://uga.view.usg.edu/d2l/home/545283 Then, click Extract.
7. Complete the rest of the fields:
- In the Description field, type “eLC”
- In the user name and password fields, type your MyID and password
- Check the box to save the passwords for future use.
8. Now press “Next” to connect to eLC.
9. Once you’re connected, you must choose which course you want to publish the exam questions to. The drop down will list all eLC courses in which you are an instructor.
Select a course, and then choose an assessment type.
- If you choose quiz, you will create a new quiz in your selected eLC course.
- If you choose Question Library Section, the questions will be imported directly into the Question Library for your course. (This option is recommended if you plan to use the questions on multiple assessments, or if you want to randomize the question order on your quiz.)
- If you choose Self Assessment, you will create a new self assessment in your selected eLC course. (Self Assessments are for providing immediate feedback to students and cannot be graded.)
10. Once you’ve made your selections, Click “Next.”
Respondus will now connect to eLC, and import your questions to your course. Once you see the “Completed Successfully” message, click Finish to complete the import.