Importing and Exporting Grades
1. In the Navigation bar, click Grades.
2. Go to the Enter Grades screen. Click Export.
3. Under Choose Grades to Export, Select Grade Items to export (check first box to select all or check individual grade items)
4. Click Export to CSV
5. Click the course link in the Export Grades pop up window.
6. Select Open with Microsoft Excel or Save File and click OK.
1. On the course navigation bar, click Grades.
2. Under Enter Grades, click Import.
3. Under Import Grades, click Browse to choose .csv file. Note: If you are using a Mac, make sure you have saved your CSV file as a Windows CSV. Additionally, it is important to keep a backup copy of the file before importing anything.
4. Select file and click Open.
5. If you have already created grade item in eLC for the items on your import file, they will self populate. If you have not created Grade Items for these items, select Create new grade item when an unrecognized item is referenced.
Note: If you want to enter grade information using Excel, we recommend creating all of your grade items in eLC first, THEN exporting your gradebook to Excel and adding grade information. This ensures that all the appropriate header information is there when the CSV file is imported back into eLC.
6. Click Continue.
7. If no errors, click Continue (if errors occur, review sample import)
8. Preview imported grades and click Import.
What if I get an error message?
- Create your grade items in eLC FIRST, and then export the CSV file. This will ensure that all appropriate header information is in the file.
- Check all headings in Row 1 for accuracy including OrgDefinedID. Make sure all spaces, caps and symbols are accurate.
- Check all grade item headers for Points Grade suffix.
- Check last column for End-of-Line indicator and #.
- Review the sample import on the import grades page.