Creating a New Widget
This tutorial will show you how to create a new widget in eLC.
1. Click Course Admin and click Widgets.
2. Locate the Blank Widget on the Custom Widget list, and click the Copy Icon to copy the widget.
3. Confirm that you want to copy the Blank Widget by clicking Yes.
4. Now you have Blank Widget - Copy in the Custom Widget List. You'll notice this widget has a pencil icon under the Actions list - this means you can edit it. Click the pencil to edit the widget.
5.Give your widget a new name. Click Save.
6. Click the Content tab to add content to your widget. Notice you can format text and add images and links using the tool buttons on the text editor. (If you'd like to add release conditions to the widget, click the Release Conditions tab. More information on Release conditions.)
7. Once you are finished adding content to your widget, click Save and Close. Now your widget is available to add to your homepage. See Modifying the course homepage for instructions on adding your widget.