Create a random quiz section
When creating a quiz in eLC, you can create a section that randomly selects questions from your Question Library. This ensures that each user will receive a unique set of questions. To create a Random Section:
1. Go to your course navigation bar, and click Quizzes in the Tools dropdown.
2. Click the quiz you want to edit.
3. Click on the Properties tab.
4.Click Add/Edit Questions.
5. Click "New" and choose "Random Section."
6. Give the section a name, then click "Save" at the bottom of the screen. (Students will not see this name unless you select to make it visible.)
7. Now click on the section you just created - it will be a purple folder.
8. Click Import to add questions to the random section. Under "Source Section," choose the folder from which you want the questions to be pulled. If you want all the questions in the Question Library to be available for selection, choose "Collection Root."
9. Now, select which questions you want to be available for the Random Section. If you want all of the questions in that folder to be available for random selection, check the box at the top of the question list. Click Save.
10. On the next screen, enter how many questions you want randomly selected for that section in the "Questions Per Attempt" box. Click Save, and then click Done Editing Questions.
11. Now you will see your Random Section. Instead of seeing actual quiz questions, you'll see Q1. Random Question, Q2. Random Question.