Calculating Final Grades in eLC
If you don't have any grades listed in your Final Calculated Grade column in your gradebook, you may need to calculate final grades for your course in eLC. (If your final grade is already calculated, you can make it visible to students by releasing it on eLC - visit Releasing Final Grades in eLC.)
To calculate your final grades in eLC:
1. Click Grades in your course navigation, and go to Enter Grades.
2. Go to the Final Calculated Grade column and select Grade all from the context menu.
3. Select Recalculate All from the Final Grades context menu.
4. Under Recalculate, select Final Calculated Grade. Click Calculate to continue.
5. You will be shown a list of all grade items included in the Calculated Final Grade. (To remove something from this list, you will need to edit the individual grade item.) Click Calculate to continue.
6. You will be asked to confirm that you want to calculate the Final Grade. Click Yes to calculate.
The Final Calculated Grade now appears in the Final Calculated Grade column.
7. If you have a Final Adjusted Grade column, you must transfer the Final Calculated Grade to the Final Adjusted Grade column in order to make any adjustments and release the final grade to students. To transfer, click Transfer all in the Final Grades context menu.
8. You will be asked to confirm that you want to transfer the Final Calculated Grade to the Final Adjusted Grade column. Click Yes to transfer.
The Final Calculated Grade now appears in the Final Adjusted Grade column. You can make adjustments to this grade before releasing to students.
Visit Releasing Final Grades on eLC to learn how to release your final grades to students.