Embedding Audio and Video in Discussions
Instructors and Students can share audio and video files in the Discussions tool using the Insert Stuff button in the eLC HTML editor. This tutorial will outline how any course member can insert an audio or video file into a new thread or reply. Instructors, if you need the basics for setting up a Discussions Forum and Topic, please see Getting Started with Discussions.
1. When you start a new thread or reply to a discussion post, you see the HTML editor. Click Insert Stuff, the first button on the toolbar.
2. Next, click My Media, then Add New. You can create short webcam recordings or screen captures* or upload files created on other devices.
3. After creating or uploading a file, give your file a title, description, and tags. Then click Next.
4. The last step is to click Insert. After inserting the file, you can attach a transcript to make your file accessible.
* We recommend creating your audio and video files offline, then uploading via the Media Upload option. If you choose to create a Webcam Recording or Screencast using Insert Stuff, please note that any internet interruption may result in lost work.